Saturday, June 04, 2005

Stupid auto-pay

I can't believe how stupid the auto-pay system is for my credit card. The reason I signed up for this so-called 'Auto-pay' is so that it will automatically pay my credit card bill and I won't forget and have to pay fees. I assumed it would just deduct the credit card bill amount from my bank account at a predetermined time every month. But, alas, no.

I found out today, after much "huh?"-ing and poking around, that the system pays ONE amount every month. So for example, I can set it to pay $100 every month. Or $200. But I can't set it to automatically pay my bill. I found out that when I started this thing, I owed something like $900. The next month, my bill was only $450. I thought the payment would change and only pay $450. It didn't. It payed another $900. And I didn't have that much in my bank account, so I overdrew, and got charged. Stupid. So now, even if I sign up for this system, I still have to change the amount every month to reflect my current balance. Wow, it really simplified my life.

My job search continues.

No comments: