Saturday, August 05, 2006

Saturday, August 5, 2006 has arrived. Booooo.

Moving Day, we meet again. I still hate you.

Moving sucks. Why? Because it messes up my organizational system. I'm one of those who subscribe to the "I-know-where-everything-is" system. This system works great. It's gotten me through 24 years of my life. The only problem is when someone else messes with the system and tries to "clean". How am I supposed to keep track of where things are if someone else is moving them around? That's not how the system works!

It is also a catastrophe for the system when you have to move. How am I supposed to know where stuff is when it's all in boxes that are in motion? "Where is your toothbrush?" "I dunno which box it's in! But I can tell you where it was in my bathroom!" See what I mean? Catastrophe. At least when I unpack, the system will naturally right itself again.

It's times like this that I realize my life fits in a handful of boxes. Except my car. And motorcycle. And family, friends, relatives, loved ones. But you know what I mean.

2 comments:

minjuice said...

stop pontificating and pack!!!

rly said...

it would fit in a box if you invented shrinking machine!