
If a bushel of crabs were a woman, I'd marry her.
If you know me (and if you're reading this blog I assume you do, otherwise you're a stalker. If you are, drop me a line, maybe we can set something up. After all, if you love me that much to stalk me, you can't be all bad. And I'm still single.) then you know I love crab. If you look closely at the picture, you'll see "1 Bu" on the box which means 1 bushel. "How much is a bushel?" Fortunately for you, there was a dedicated team in Baltimore that set out to answer this question. 1 bushel = 5 dozen crabs. This makes me smile like you wouldn't believe.
When you look at a bushel of crabs, you feel anticipation, you get excited, and a warm fuzzy feeling starts growing inside. That would be your stomach growling. You also know that there is a lot of hard work involved, and sometimes you might get hurt. You know you'll have to really dig to get to the good stuff, but in the end, it'll all be worth it. Just like marriage.

A picture of the research team before we begin our experiment.
To unwind after such hard work, we played many a game of Bang! with the Dodge City and Fistful of Cards expansion packs. We also dabbled in some play of The Settlers of Catan. Also on the itinerary were a few rounds of Napoleon, and learning two very scandalous stories about my dad. (too scandalous to post, but I'll tell anyone who knows Taiwanese in person) To round out the meals, we ate at a southern BBQ place (with sweet tea!) and DW fired up the grill. Good food, good fun, and awesome company. And I met the perfect woman. I'd call it a success.
You know where to look for the rest of the pictures.
Thanks to DW and SC for hosting Labor Day 2006.
The last thing I want to mention is that SW and DW married well. The two most memorable quotes from the weekend:
"Follow your heart!" --MY
"I'm not willing to sacrifice Bang! time." --SC
Who knew the General Store could be so deadly?!
7 comments:
Um, thanks for the invite, SIBLINGS. And you can't make it out to NM, but MD is ok. I see how it is.
Sorry, man. Baltimore was planned before you asked. And we said we'd come visit next summer (or before, if we can manage it).
Plus, I mean, what can we say? Dave offered 5 DOZEN crab! 5 DOZEN! It's hard to turn that kind of offer down. ;P
first a robot, now a box of crabs...
Yes, but I WANT some crab too! I LOVE crab and almost never get it! And fresh from the east coast? YUM!!
"And I'm still single." <-- ??!!
i'm jealous of the crabs.
What, are you not really single???
5 DOZEN!!!! WOW. sounds SO good!
what a fun weekend.
Post a Comment