"Ladies and gentlemen, due to some technical difficulties, we have stopped Wicked. We will resume the musical as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience."
About 5 minutes into the first scene, Glinda says, "Did you just hear a stop?" And then, "I guess we should just walk offstage." and proceeds to do so. After which, the rest of the cast walks offstage and the curtain lowers. Huh? Apparently, they had some problems and had to stop the musical to fix it. Very weird.
The best part is towards the end of musical when Elphaba says, "Not everyone can ride in on a bubble. Apparently, not even you." This was a reference to the bubble that broke, causing the technical difficulty. Everyone started laughing and clapping. Talk about improv skills.
"What's in that drink?"
"Lemons, Melons, and Pears."
"Oh my."
Sometimes when there is an emotional or moving part of a play/musical/movie, I like to look around and watch the expression on the audiences' faces. It's funny to see EVERYONE staring at the screen/stage holding their breath, waiting to see what will happen. Fixated. I wish I could take a picture of it.
Overall, very pleased with the musical. Very funny, and cool special effects. I like how they tie in everything from the Wizard of Oz and constantly put in jokes. I think the thing that gets me the most is how the whole story changes if you know the backstory. (Or how if they wrote a different backstory, the whole story would be completely different.) I wonder how many things in history were taught from our perspective (probably all of it) and how many were from an objective standpoint? Just makes me want to travel that much more to other countries.
Friday, July 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment